Brookhaven stabbing victim says she and her baby are on the road to recovery

ATLANTA, Ga. (CBS46) — The victim of a viscous stabbing on a Brookhaven greenway final weekend says she and her baby boy, born a number of months untimely via an emergency C-section, are recovering.

Valerie, who does not need to use her full identify, stated every day she and the toddler are getting stronger.

“Today it’s been a full week since the incident and it’s obviously been really hard but every day I’m making progress,” she instructed us Saturday afternoon.


She was strolling on the Peachtree Creek Greenway when she stated a person started to comply with her. She was with her three 12 months previous son.  “He said something like do you live around here? And I just wasn’t sure how to answer. I knew he didn’t seem right already and I said yes, we’re heading back, it’s thundering.”


Pregnant, and virtually again to their automobile, she stated the man ran up to her and started his assault.


“It felt like I was in a boxing ring being punched. He ran off as soon as I made that turn and saw him. I was screaming help! Help! I’m pregnant, I’ve been attacked, I’ve been stabbed!”


Valerie was rushed to the hospital and had her emergency C-section, delivering a baby boy named Theodore almost 100 days early.


“He had a really good day yesterday,” she instructed CBS46 Saturday evening. “He likes to wiggle around and shoot his arm and leg out of his swaddle and seems really strong. He was born over a kilo which is really big for his 25-week gestation size.”


As Valerie ready to go away the hospital this weekend, Theodore will keep for about three extra months. “It’s definitely been a rollercoaster. I’m at the verge of tears any second.”


Saturday, we caught up with certainly one of the individuals who answered Valerie’s pleas for assist.


“I heard a scream. A very, very deep scream from the other side of the creek and then I just took a couple of seconds and waited. That scream kind of got my attention,” stated Nadew Mamo who works at the close by Pink Pony.  “I called 9-1-1 right away and they were fast. I had to run over there and flag the police like hey, come on, we’re right here.”


The suspect on this case, Christopher Jones, stays in the Dekalb County Jail after a decide denied him bond Friday.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *