An ‘Orange’ alert for very heavy rainfall has been issued in a number of districts of Madhya Pradesh by the India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Friday. A ‘Yellow’ alert has additionally been sounded in few different areas. The forecasts are legitimate until Saturday morning, senior meteorologist PK Saha, advised information company Press Trust of India. Madhya Pradesh has obtained practically 80 per cent above regular rainfall in June, Mr Saha added. An ‘Orange’ alert signifies that authorities ought to “be prepared” for any rain-related emergeny.
Madhya Pradesh Monsoon Updates:
- An ‘Orange’ warning for “heavy to very heavy rainfall” has been issued within the Rewa division together with the districts of Satna, Sidhi, Singrauli and Rewa.
- ‘Orange’ alert has additionally been issued for Anuppur, Dindori, Chhindwara, Seoni and Balaghat districts.
- ‘Yellow’ alert, indicating chance of heavy rainfall, has been sounded in Hoshangabad and Jhabua.
- The IMD’s forecast warns of thunderstorms and lightning in varied districts throughout the ten divisions together with Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Gwalior and Chambal.
- The Monsoon remained lively in Madhya Pradesh within the final 24 hours ending Friday 8.30 AM, in response to the IMD.
- Almost all areas in Bhopal, Jabalpur, Hoshangabad and Rewa divisions obtained rainfall.
- Many locations in Ujjain, Gwalior, Chambal and Indore divisions, and some locations in Sagar and Shahdol additionally obtained heavy rain, the climate workplace stated.
- Bankhedi in Hoshangabad district obtained the best of 150 mm rainfall within the final 24 hours.